Are you wondering what content marketing is (and isn’t)? Are you trying to figure out how to get started or how to justify a content budget within your organization? Or maybe you are already working with content marketing… but you want to get better results while having more fun?
Welcome to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) where our mission is to advance the practice of content marketing.
While the site is full of practical, how-to guidance, you’ll also find insight and advice from the experts, and an active community for discussing the latest news, information, and advances that are moving the industry forward.
People ask us all the time how CMI came to be. It’s simple, really. Despite the abundance of good blogs, books, and other resources, we were finding that people had a lot of questions about content marketing.
Before evolving into what is now the Content Marketing Institute, we were known as Junta42. Junta42 launched in 2007 as the industry leader in content marketing matching. Although Junta42 was a great service, brands were starting to come to us for additional content marketing education. To answer the call, we developed CMI, Content Marketing World and CCO magazine.
CMI was founded by Joe Pulizzi, the leading evangelist for content marketing. Joe, an entrepreneur, speaker, and author on content marketing, believes passionately that there is a better way for brands to market than how they’ve done it in the past. CMI is a culmination of those beliefs.
Although we’ve accomplished a lot in six years, we still have a long way to go. CMI will not stop until the need for content marketing education no longer exists.
If you are new to the site
This site is full of information on all aspects of content marketing. Here are some tips for finding the information that will best meet your needs:
- New to content marketing? Check out our getting started guide, where you’ll learn the definition of content marketing, as well as basic steps for putting a content marketing plan in place.
- Need a content strategy? Read the CMI Content Marketing Framework, which outlines the seven essential building blocks for a successful content marketing program.
- Looking for some content marketing examples? Download our Ultimate eBook: 100 Content Marketing Examples.
- Are you in marketing leadership? Subscribe to our free magazine, Chief Content Officer, to stay on top of the latest industry trends.
- Really want to learn a lot (while having fun)? Join us at Content Marketing World from September 9 – 12, 2013 in Cleveland, Ohio. This is the largest gathering of content marketing professionals in the world (and 99% of past attendees would attend again.)
- Need advice specific to your organization? Contact our consulting group, led by strategist Robert Rose, to find out how they can help you meet your content marketing challenges.
Other helpful resources
- Looking for a daily ideas and inspiration? We publish a new article on content marketing every day. Sign up to get daily or weekly emails.
- Want to write for us? Check out our contributor guidelines.
- Want to know how your efforts and ideas are measuring up to those of your content marketing peers? Check out CMI’s original and annual content marketing research.
- Want more in-depth instruction? Check out our white paper library and free webinars.
- Interested in showcasing your expertise? Submit your entry to the Content Marketing Awards.
We would love to hear from you!
If you have a question about content marketing, ideas you would like to share, or feedback on our educational tools and services, please reach out anytime.