Are you wondering what content marketing is (and isn’t)? Are you trying to figure out how to get started or how to justify this within your organization? Or maybe you are doing content marketing . . .but you want to be doing it better while having more fun?
Welcome to the Content Marketing Institute (CMI) where our mission is to advance the practice of content marketing.
While the site is full of how-to advice, this is also the place to visit if you want to learn from experts and participate in conversations intended to advance the industry.
People ask us all the time how CMI came to be. It’s simple, really. Despite the abundance of good blogs, books and other resources on content marketing, we’ve found that people have a lot of questions about content marketing.
Before evolving into what is now the Content Marketing Institute, we were known as Junta42. Junta42 launched in 2007 as the industry leader in content marketing matching. Although Junta42 was a great service, more brands were coming to us for content marketing education…and we listened…developing what is now CMI, Content Marketing World and CCO magazine.
CMI was founded by Joe Pulizzi, the leading evangelist for content marketing. Joe, an entrepreneur, speaker and author for content marketing, believes passionately that there is a better way for brands to market than how they’ve done it in the past. CMI is a culmination of those beliefs.
Although we’ve accomplished a lot in six years, there is still so far to go. CMI will not stop until the need for content marketing education does not exist.
If you are new to the site
This site has a lot of information on it. Here are some ideas of where you can dig in:
- New to content marketing? Check out our getting started guide where you’ll learn the definition of content marketing as well as the basics on how to get started.
- Do you need a content strategy? Read the CMI Content Marketing Framework in which you’ll learn the 7 building blocks essential to any content marketing program.
- Looking for some content marketing examples? Download our Ultimate eBook: 100 Content Marketing Examples.
- Are you in marketing leadership? Subscribe to our free magazine, Chief Content Officer to stay on top on industry trends.
- Really want to learn a lot (while having fun)? Join us at Content Marketing World from September 9 – 12, 2013 in Cleveland, Ohio. This is the largest gathering of content marketing professionals in the world (and 99% of past attendees would attend again.)
- Need advice specific to your organization? Contact our consulting group, led by strategist Robert Rose, to learn how they can help you.
Other things that may help
- Looking for a daily ideas and inspiration? We publish one article per day about content marketing. (Want to write for us? Check out our guidelines). Sign up to get daily or weekly emails.
- Want to know what others are doing? Check out CMI’s original and annual content marketing research.
- Want more in-depth learning? Check out our white paper library and free webinars.
- Interested in showcasing your expertise? Submit your entry to the Content Marketing Awards.
We love to hear from you!
If you have a question about content marketing or ideas about how we can help, please reach out anytime.