About the Content Marketing Institute
The Content Marketing Institute (CMI) exists to do one thing: advance the practice of content marketing through online education and in-person and digital events.
We create and curate content experiences that teach marketers and creators from enterprise brands, small businesses, and agencies how to attract and retain customers through compelling, multichannel storytelling.
Global brands turn to CMI for strategic consultation, training, and research. Organizations from around the world send teams to Content Marketing World (the largest content marketing-focused event), Marketing Analytics & Data Science, and CMI virtual events, including ContentTech Summit.
Our community of 215,000+ content marketers shares camaraderie and conversation on a variety of social channels and in a dedicated Slack group.
About this site
ContentMarketingInstitute.com is packed with practical, how-to guidance, insight, and advice from content marketing experts, plus comments and contributions from our active community of content practitioners at brands and agencies.
Here are some places to start to find the information you need:
- New to content marketing? Read the getting started guide, where you’ll learn the definition of content marketing and find the basic steps for putting a content marketing plan in place.
- Need a content marketing strategy? Read the Content Marketing Framework, which outlines the five essential building blocks for a successful content marketing program.
- Need marketing leadership advice? Subscribe to our free magazine, Chief Content Officer, to stay on top of the latest industry trends.
- Want to learn a lot (while having fun)? Join us for Content Marketing World, the largest gathering of content marketing professionals in the world (and 99% of past attendees would attend again.)
- Need advice specific to your organization? Contact our consulting group, led by strategist Robert Rose, to find out how they can help you meet your content marketing challenges.
Other helpful resources
- Looking for daily ideas and inspiration? We publish a new article on content marketing every workday. Sign up to get weekday or weekly emails.
- Want to write for us? Check out our contributor guidelines.
- Want to know how your efforts and ideas are measuring up to those of your content marketing peers? Check out CMI’s original and annual content marketing research.
- Want more in-depth instruction? Check out our white paper library and free webinars.
- Interested in showcasing your expertise? Submit your entry to the Content Marketing Awards.
CMI was founded by Joe Pulizzi in 2011. Joe, an entrepreneur, speaker, and author on content marketing, believed passionately that there was a better way for brands to market. In 2016, UBM (now Informa) acquired CMI, which continues to promote, teach, and advance that better way.
We would love to hear from you!
If you have a question about content marketing, ideas you would like to share, or feedback on our educational tools and services, please reach out anytime.