If you are new to content marketing, you have come to the right place! Here are some common questions you may have.
What exactly is content marketing?
Content marketing is the strategic marketing approach of creating and distributing valuable, relevant and consistent content to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience – with the objective of driving profitable customer action.
In short, instead of pitching your products or services, you are delivering information that makes your buyer more intelligent. The essence of this content strategy is the belief that if we, as businesses, deliver consistent, ongoing valuable information to buyers, they ultimately reward us with their business and loyalty.
What is Content Marketing?
How do I get started?
The best way to get started — or improve your existing program — is to read our “Back to Basics” series. It’s chock full of step-by-step approaches and templates to help you set up the foundation of your content marketing program:
- 2 Essential Elements for Getting Started With Content Marketing
- Developing Your Content Marketing Strategy: What You Need to Know
- A Guide to Creating Content in the Formats Your Audience Loves
- How to Build Social Media Into Your Content Marketing Process
- The Basics of SEO for Successful Content Marketing
- Build a Successful Editorial Plan: Essential Skills Your Team Needs
- A Simple Plan for Measuring Effectiveness of Content
- Effective Content Marketing: 5 Steps to Track Your Efforts
In short, you need a strategy so you know how you want to help people in a way that no other company is currently doing.
Download our 16-page guide to learn what questions to ask and how to develop your strategy.
How is content marketing different from other forms of marketing?
There is a lot of confusion about what content marketing is — and what it isn’t. While we don’t want to get wrapped up in semantics, it helps if everyone is using the same terms.
Content marketing is related to — but different from — all of these forms of marketing:
- Native advertising
- Branded content
- Product marketing
- Traditional marketing
- Social media
- Inbound marketing
- Public relations
- Influencer marketing
Have more questions? Reach out and ask!