Once you have created your content marketing strategy, the fun part begins: creating the content! Here are some questions you may be asking.
What should I write about?
I think every marketer has asked this question, and you likely have read many posts on the Content Marketing Institute and elsewhere about this topic. Here are some posts to get you started thinking about how to generate content:
- 21 Types of Content We Crave
- 7 Ways to Generate Blog Content Ideas Using Web Analytics Insight
- 8 Content Marketing Initiatives to Seriously Consider for 2012
- Is Your Best Content “Stuck” Inside Your Company?
- Great Content Starts with Great Questions: Tips for Asking the Right Ones
- The 5 Types of Content that Grab Attention for the Best Content Marketing
- 5 Content Strategies for Boring Brands
What type of content should I create?
Here are some ideas on how content creators can determine what content is right for your organization:
What are some examples of great content?
Sometimes, the easiest way to get inspired is to see how others generate content. Here are some resources that are full of examples to get the juices flowing.
- 100 Inspirational, Educational, and Just-Plain-Cool Content Marketing Examples
- 12 Organizations Doing Content Marketing Right
- Must-See: Best Content Marketing Examples from 2011
- Content Marketing Playbook 2011: 42 Ways to Connect with Customers
- 4 Examples of Stellar B2B Social Media Marketing Content
- How the Inc. 500 Fastest-Growing Companies Are Using Content Marketing
- What if You Sold Waffles with a Side of Content?
Where can I find more info about creating specific content types?
You can get more detail on any type of content on CMI:
- In-person events
- Print magazines
- Web content
- White Papers
How can I get more life from my content?
For content creators, part of a sound content marketing strategy requires repurposing—also called repackaging or reimaging – content. Why?
- Generating content that’s great takes a lot of time. Don’t you want to get the most “bang for your buck”?
- Your audience likes information in different ways: text, videos, podcasts, graphics, etc. To reach as many people as you can, you need to generate content and serve it up in different ways.
Here are some ideas on how to do this: