Your content is now a conversation. It’s a story that needs an audience to respond. So, yes, go out and create great content. Be the leader in your industry because you consistently share value. BUT, share it.
In addition to a solid strategy, team, and processes, there’s one key element of your framework that needs to be nurtured: a connection to, and conversations with, your consumers.
Talking with content
The core of your conversation will be the content that you create. If you are like many marketers, you may be wondering what to write about. Without question, write about things that interest your audience. Here are some posts to get you started:
- 21 Types of Content We Crave
- 7 Ways to Generate Blog Content Ideas Using Web Analytics Insight
- 8 Content Marketing Initiatives to Seriously Consider in 2012
- Is Your Best Content “Stuck” Inside Your Company?
- Great Content Starts with Great Questions: Tips for Asking the Right Ones
- The 5 Types of Content that Grab Attention
- 5 Content Strategies for Boring Brands
You can also get tips on specific content types:
- In-person events
- Print magazines
- Web content
- White Papers
Of course, there are two parts of any conversation: talking (your content) and listening. Not only do you need to set up listening posts, but you also need to figure out how to respond to the conversation. Here are some tips to get started:
- Can B2B Marketers Become Content Whisperers?
- How Your Content Marketing Benefits from a Listen, Ask, Share Approach
- Tips and Tools for Better Listening for Content Marketing
- 14 Sources for Content Curation Inspiration