Why This Old Marketing?
Although most people think content marketing is brand new, telling stories to attract and retain customers is, perhaps, the oldest of marketing disciplines. This Old Marketing is our tribute to that fact.
“I absolutely love what Mr. Pulizzi and his team of contributors are doing over at Content Marketing Institute. They’ve helped me become a much better content marketer. So when I heard about this new podcast you can imagine my excitement. “This Old Marketing” doesn’t disappoint. If you’re in sales or marketing this podcast deserves a spot on your shortlist.”
“I have become addicted to Joe and Robert’s weekly podcast. As a marketer, their work has become my absolute “must listen” update about my profession. Can any marketer really keep up with it all / this insane pace of change? These guys help me try! See you all in Cleveland in Sep 2014 for CMWorld!”
“Joe Pulizzi and Robert Rose deliver an awesome podcast with This Old Marketing. Their format is creative and compelling. Their content is terrific for marketers interested in mid to advance level understanding of content marketing trends and strategies. A must podcast for all marketers who want to accelerate their content marketing game.”
What will the show be about?
Each episode runs less than 60 minutes, and includes:
- Content Marketing in the News: We’ll cover three or four stories that hit the content marketing scene each week, and give our perspective on the happenings — and how they impact our industry.
- Rants and Raves: A one-minute rant on something that we feel is “hard to swallow” about the current content marketing landscape; or a one-minute rave on something epic.
- This Old Marketing Example of the Week: Digging into the vast archives of CMI, we will discuss an amazing content marketing example from the past that we can all still learn valuable lessons from.
- This Old Marketing has listeners from over 100 countries around the world and is frequently rated as a top marketing podcast on iTunes.
- Joe and Robert take questions on the show. If you’d like your question answered, tag it on Twitter using #ThisOldMarketing as a hashtag, or send an email to ThisOldMarketing[at]ContentInstitute.com.
- Joe and Robert would love you to review the show. Go to iTunes or Stitcher and let’s make that happen!!!
How do I subscribe?
- Episode 48 (10/18/14): This Week in Content Marketing: PR Pushes and Pulls to Define Its Role
- Episode 47 (10/11/14): This Week in Content Marketing: The Real Cure for the Native Advertising Blues
- Episode 46 (10/4/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Inbound Versus Content Marketing
- Episode 45 (9/27/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Is Corporate Blogging Waning?
- Episode 44 (9/20/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Was Apple’s U2 Giveaway Creepy or Smart?
- Episode 43 (9/13/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Live from Content Marketing World 2014
- Episode 42 (9/6/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Authorship Is Dead, Journalism Isn’t
- Episode 41 (8/30/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Long Live the Content Editor
- Episode 40 (8/23/14): This Week in Content Marketing: When Native Advertising Erodes Trust
- Episode 39 (8/16/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Storytelling, Steroids, and the Southern Pacific
- Episode 38 (8/9/14): This Week in Content Marketing: John Oliver Vs. Native Advertising
- Episode 37 (8/2/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Beck Schools Us on Storytelling
- Episode 36 (7/26/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Weird Al’s Diabolically Brilliant Strategy
- Episode 35 (7/19/14): The Week in Content Marketing: Do We Have a Credibility Problem?
- Episode 34 (7/12/14): Content Marketing: Clearing the Rumors, Half-Truths, and Misinterpretations
- Episode 33 (7/5/14): The Facebook and the Fury: Coming Clean on Content Experimentation
- Episode 32 (6/28/14): This Week in Content Marketing: Influence, Innovation, and Imitation
- Episode 31 (6/21/14): How Brands Could Destroy Native Advertising
- Episode 30 (6/14/14): How Facebook is Becoming a Pay-to-Play Platform
- Episode 29 (6/7/14): Native Advertising Gets Its Own Magna Carta
- Episode 28 (5/31/14): Piecing Together Content’s Role in a Mobile Marketing Strategy
- Episode 27 (5/24/14): Content Marketing: From the Newsroom to the Boardroom
- Episode 26 (5/17/14): Why Content Marketing Fails Without Strategy
- Episode 25 (5/10/14): Why Paper May Be The New “Smart” Device for Content Consumption
- Episode 24 (5/3/14): Content Marketing Momentum Picks Up on Rapidly Evolving Online Channels
- Episode 23 (4/26/14): The Relentless Evolution of Content Marketing
- Episode 22 (4/19/14): The Importance of Strategy in Successful Content Marketing
- Episode 21 (4/11/14): How Content Marketing Strategy Factors into Success
- Episode 20 (4/4/14): Content Marketing News: Fresh Tools and Acquisitions
- Episode 19 (3/28/14): Social and Search News that May Change Your Content Marketing
- Episode 18 (3/22/14): Media Companies Are the New Agencies: Native Advertising
- Episode 17 (3/15/14): Why We Shouldn’t Drop the Phrase “Content Marketing”
- Episode 16 (3/8/14): Stop Building Your Branded Content on “Rented Land”
- Episode 15 (3/1/14): LinkedIn Moves to Dominate Content Publishing
- Episode 14 (2/22/14): New “Oldest” Content Marketing Example Unearthed
- Episode 13 (2/15/14): Red Bull and LEGO Get a Leg Up with Branded Entertainment
- Episode 12 (2/8/14): Can Facebook Compete in Content Curation and Search?
- Episode 11 (2/1/14): Blog Content: The Future of Guest Posts and Date Stamping
- Episode 10 (1/25/14): Where Are All the Content Strategists at?
- Episode 9 (1/18/14): Will Native Advertising Ultimately Become the Norm?
- Episode 8 (1/11/14): Content Marketing: Dead Already?
- Episode 7 (1/4/14): What You Can Learn About Content Marketing from ‘Anchorman’
- Episode 6 (12/28/13): The 2014 Content Marketing Predictions PNR Episode: Google to Buy Yahoo!?
- Episode 5 (12/21/13): Brands Compete with Publishers; the Rise of the Content Marketing Agency
- Episode 4 (2/14/13): Clear Evidence that Content Marketing is a Force to Be Reckoned With
- Episode 3 (12/7/13): Brand Journalism Expands, Content Marketing Spending Rises
- Episode 2 (11/30/13): Native Advertising and the Debate on Content Marketing as Journalism
- Episode 1 (11/23/13): Announcing The PNR Podcast: Content Marketing News, Opinion, and History