There is no denying it: content marketing is a lot of work when done well. It takes elbow grease, experimentation, and perseverance. Regardless of your company size, it’s a challenge to find the time to do all of this. And, it’s even more of a project if you are trying to coordinate multiple departments at a mid-to-large size organization. If you need advice on how to manage content marketing in your organization, here is some info to help.
Who do I need on my team?
If you are putting together a team, check out this advice on the types of people and skills you need.
- Creating a Content Marketing Team and Workflow Plan
- Planning Your Content Marketing Team: Critical Positions and Salary Info
- What are the Essential Skills for Content Marketing Teams?
- A Simple Framework for Building Your Social Media Marketing Team
- 5 Personality Types You Need on Your Digital Communications Team
What kind of tools should I be using?
If there is one tool that will help you stay organized, it’s an editorial calendar. Here is the “low-down” on what this is and how to use it.
- A 2-Step Editorial Calendar Template that Can Boost Your Content Marketing Productivity
- 5 Keys to an Editorial Calendar that Keeps Your Content on Track
- How to Put Together an Editorial Calendar for Content Marketing
What kind of templates and checklists should I be using?
A lot of marketers (like us, here at the Content Marketing Institute) rely on templates and checklists to keep projects on track. If you are someone who thrives on these kind of documents, check out these handy posts.
- 10 Must-Have Templates for Content Marketers
- Checklist: 15 Questions to Ask Before Starting a Content Marketing Project
- How to Create an Idea Dashboard to Track Your Favorite Content Ideas
- Creating Valuable Content: An Essential Checklist
- A Checklist for Measuring Your Content Marketing Success
How can I get all of this done?
One of the toughest challenges is finding the time to do all of this. Here are a few posts that will help you organize your time or use tools to make you more productive.
- How to Plan Your Blog Posts for a Year in Advance
- How to Avoid 7 Productivity Land Mines in Content Marketing
- Improve Your Productivity: 6 Ways to Use Evernote for Content Marketing
- 17 Techie Shortcuts for Content Marketing
- An Easy Planning Checklist that Will Jump-Start Your Content Marketing Productivity